Hugh Grosvenor inherits father’s business empire
Following the death of his father due to a sudden illness, Hugh Grosvenor is set to become one of the world’s richest people.
Gerald Cavendish Grosvenor, Britain’s biggest landowner, passed away on Tuesday. His son Hugh has inherited his £8.3bn wealth and title.
Who is Hugh Grosvenor? Here’s what you need to know about him:
1. Duke of Westminter’s son’s full name is Hugh Richard Louis Grosvenor and he is 25 years old.
2. His previous title was Earl Grosvenor
3. He studied countryside management at Newcastle University, and later studied at Oxford.
4. He worked for his father’s Grosvenor Group and then became accounts manager at bio-bean, a recycling firm which collects waste coffee grounds and converts them into biofuel pellets.
5. He grew up in Eaton Hall, the family’s 10,872-acre Cheshire estate.
6. His 21st party, that cost £5m, was attend by Prince Harry, Michael McIntyre and 800 other guests.