The supermarket is flogging half-built stores
Tesco is selling off sites that it no longer wants to develop for £250m.
A property company is snapping up more than a dozen sites on which it plans to build more than 10,000 homes in London, the South East and Bath.
Tesco previously revealed it was abandoning plans to open 49 large supermarkets, after its accounting scandal broke last year. Some of these stores were already built. Meanwhile the retailer planned to close 43 outlets which weren’t performing well.
In and around London, Tesco is selling:
– Fulham High Street
– Highams Park (next to existing Tesco store)
– Hounslow (Hounslow bus garage)
– Lewisham (next to existing Tesco store)
– New Barnet (East Barnet Road)
– St Albans (London Road)
– Tolworth (Former MOD site next to Tolworth Broadway and A3)
– Hillingdon Master Brewer Site (Hillingdon Circus)
– Woolwich Phase 3 and 4 (next to existing Extra store)
– Epsom (Upper High Street)
– Kensington (next to existing Cromwell Road store)