No drumroll necessary – the most expensive street in Britain is in London
Prices of homes on Britain’s most expensive streets make you wonder if these streets are actually made of gold.
The most expensive of them all? Victoria Road where the average house price is £8,006,000.
All of the UK’s most expensive streets are in London or the South East, apart from three streets in the exclusive Sandbanks area of Poole in Dorset, Lloyds Banking Group’s annual ranking found.
Andrew Mason, mortgages director at Lloyds Bank, said: “The largest concentration of England’s most expensive streets is in Kensington and Chelsea. This part of London has always had a glamorous reputation, attracting overseas buyers as well as those from the worlds of business and entertainment.
“The area clearly has its attractions with excellent schools, designer shops, close proximity to the capital’s business district and properties with the highest specifications.”
Take a look at the most expensive streets in England:
- Victoria Road, Kensington and Chelsea, W8 – £8.01m
- Egerton Crescent, Kensington and Chelsea, SW3 – £7.55m
- Manresa Road, Kensington and Chelsea, SW3 – £7.36m
- Eaton Square, Westminster, SW1W – £6.73m
- De Vere Gardens, Kensington and Chelsea, W8 – £6.61m
- Parkside, Merton, SW19 – £6.36m
- Drayton Gardens, Kensington and Chelsea, SW10 – £5.95m
- Chester Street, Westminster, SW1X – £5.53m
- Chelsea Manor Street, Kensington and Chelsea, SW3 – £5.52m
- Pembridge Place, Kensington and Chelsea, W2 – £5.49m
Here are the most expensive streets in each region of England and Wales:
- London, Victoria Road, Kensington, £8.06m
- South East, Leys Road, Leatherhead, £3.67m
- South West, Sandbanks Road, Poole, £2.49m
- East Anglia, Newton Road, Cambridge, £1.85m
- North West, Castle Hill, Macclesfield, £1.66m
- East Midlands, Lyndon Road, Rutland, £1.36m
- West Midlands, Tiddington Road,Stratford upon Avon, £1.34m
- Yorkshire and the Humber, Rutland Drive, Harrogate, £1.19m
- North East, Graham Park Road, Newcastle, £1.02m
- Wales, Druidstone Road, Cardiff, £793,000
Leave a Comment