As Wimbledon kicks off we look at the houses serving up sport in style
Get your strawberries ready, pour the Pimm’s and settle in for a fortnight of inspirational tennis for Wimbledon is upon us yet again.
However, if the sight of Spanish legend Rafael Nadal getting knocked out to a virtual unknown yesterday has inspired you to do something more than merely drink casually throughout the afternoon and sack off work to catch a few matches, it may be high time you considered taking up the game yourself.
Sure, you could try and find a local club or park to play in, but if Wimbledon has constantly shown us one thing, it is that if you’re going to do something, you should do it right! What better way than to take up tennis than to buy a house, or better yet estate, already fitted with a court!
Here are six of our favourite tennis court fitted properties as seen on property comparison site Zoopla.
1) 14-bedroom, £65m estate in Hampstead
2) 6-bedroom, £2,308 a week home in Surrey
3) 7-bedroom £1.9m Hampshire home
4) 7-bedroom £3,463 per week Weybridge home, Surrey
5) 9-bedroom, £15m Oxfordshire country estate
6) 4-bedroom, £1m castle, Lancashire
You need to read: