Home Commercial Property Revealed: Top buzzwords and phrases used by London estate agents

Revealed: Top buzzwords and phrases used by London estate agents

by LLP Reporter
29th Nov 18 1:46 pm

Analysis has revealed ‘innovative’ as the most common buzzword or phrase used by London estate agents on their websites.

This is according to anecdotal research of the websites of over 40 London estate agents carried out by hybrid agency Agent & Homes.

The top five most common words and phrases used by agents in the capital included claiming to have an ‘in-depth knowledge’, working to ensure a ‘smooth process’ and providing a ‘tailored service’ as well as ‘cutting-edge technology’.

Other words and phrases which appear across many agency’s websites are ‘bespoke’ and ‘integrity’, claiming to know something like the ‘back of a hand’ and promising to ‘go the extra mile’ for clients.

“We can see from our research that although many estate agents are trying to be different, much of what they say on their websites is largely the same,” says Rollo Miles, Founder of Agent & Homes.

“Of course, many of these long-established firms may well be innovative or offer in-depth knowledge. However, we believe that true innovation in estate agency comes from adopting an alternative business model which is designed to cater to the needs of the modern consumer.”

Agent & Homes is a hybrid estate agency operating across London from a central hub in Notting Hill. Its consultants are self-employed estate agents who benefit from a highly flexible working structure.

The agency, which launched in June this year, allows its agents to receive 90% of the commission fees they earn with the remaining 10% going back to the company to be invested in support services.

The firm was launched by Rollo Miles and Bob Crowley, two vastly experienced London estate agents who have worked for a number of well-known firms including Marsh & Parsons and John D Wood.

“We grew tired of seeing agents continually describe themselves as gurus and experts when in reality they were merely acting as door-openers,” says Bob Crowley.

“That’s why we launched Agent & Homes. We’re passionate about helping skilled professionals to get back to selling and letting homes properly while earning huge commissions at the same time.”

“All of our agents have experience of their patch and aim to foster genuine lasting relationships with clients,” he says.

The growing agency currently has a team of 12 respected property experts working across the capital, with more consultants joining shortly. It recently announced that it is on a recruitment drive for disillusioned entrepreneurial agents looking to make a change and benefit from increased earning potential.

Agent & Homes is aiming to expand all over the capital and since launch has taken over 40 sales instructions and over 200 lettings instructions and is already competing well against long-established firms.

Top five buzzwords and phrases used by London estate agents:

  1. Innovative
  2. Claiming to have ‘in-depth knowledge’
  3. Working to ensure a ‘smooth process’
  4. Providing a ‘tailored service’
  5. Utilising ‘cutting-edge technology’

Leave a Comment

You may also like