Leading estate agent comparison site, GetAgent.co.uk, has created a board game that’s sure to bring the family together, before dividing them down the middle, Brexit Monopoly.
Using data on current house prices and price growth performance since the vote, GetAgent.co.uk switched up the famous colour squares to include the whole of the UK with areas ranging from: –
- Leave areas in Northern Ireland – North and East Antrim.
- Essex areas with a Leave vote – Basildon, Harlow and Thurrock
- Leave areas across the Northern Powerhouse – Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland and Sunderland.
- Other major Leave cities – Stoke, Swansea and Hull.
- Coastal themed Remain areas – Brighton, South Hams and Lewes
- Remain areas in Scotland – Edinburgh, Glasgow and Sterling.
- London’s best Remain boroughs – Lambeth, Hackney and Haringey.
- Two of the most prominent Remain university towns – Oxford and Cambridge
- A mixed bunch of transport hubs – Dover, Southampton, Liverpool and Manchester.
- Wrexham Jail.
- And finally a few other editions such as EU tax, broken community cards, a chance card signalling a second referendum and a new look Monopoly man.
Founder and CEO of GetAgent.co.uk, Colby Short said, “Brexit has caused a lot of hostility and division across the UK and so we wanted to use it in a way that will hopefully bring people together and what better way than a board game and perhaps the most iconic one at that.
“With no end in sight, we could be talking Brexit for some time yet and so at least this can provide a brief respite from the politics and bring a lighter-hearted spin to things.
“We’ve tried to keep it as impartial as possible to ensure there’s a square for everyone and while it is just a bit of fun, we appreciate Monopoly can get quite heated, so hopefully, this doesn’t add fuel to those flames.”